Day to day for an engineering tech:
- Provide analysis
- Lots of work behind a computer
- Attend lots of meetings
- Support engineers and geoscientists
- Pull data, solve puzzles, recognize patterns
- Make presentations and recommendations
- Work long hours to get the job done
- Recent salary survey results from QED’ers
Things we don’t do:
- We don’t work out on rigs, we work in the offfice.
- We don’t work alone, we work on teams.
- We don’t wear hard hats, we wear suits.
- We don’t use our backs, we use our brains.